Sunday 9 January 2011

Burlesque

Last week I went to see Burlesque for the first time and I loved it! Although fate was willing me not to see it.
I travelled from my home town on an hours train ride into Cardiff City Centre to watch Burlesque at Cineworld Cinema. I was so excited about seeing the film as I had previously listened to the soundtrack before leaving the house. when I arrived at the cinema I got my ticket and went into the screening. I waited with anticipation throughout the credits and then the movie began, the Screen Gems logo appeared on screen and all of a sudden, everything went dark.
Emergency lights came on a lady came around the corner and told the audience that there had been a power cut and that the screening will be delayed.
We waited for half an hour until finally the lady emerged once again, only this time we were told we must leave the cinema through the fire exit but we would receive complimentary cinema tickets for any screening in the future.
I was disappointed but did not let this get to me.
10 minutes down the road was another cinema, the Vue. They had a screening of burlesque starting just as I arrived! I grabbed my tickets, found a great seat and thankfully enjoyed the film with no disturbances and to be perfectly honest it was worth all the drama to see it!
I still haven't forgotten my Cineworld tickets and plan to go see Burlesque for the second time this week!

How much did you like Burlesque? Leave comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment